Wednesday, November 7, 2012

We Write for Who We Love


The more I read, the more I feel writing is a privilege.  


It's a privilege only to those who are good at writing and familiar with the art of words.

But writing should be way more than that. 


(Maybe it's because I am a bad writer, so I search hard for the meaning of writing,  )

In my opinion, the ultimate reason we write is because we want to describe what we experience in life.
As long as the paragraphs loyally convey our thoughts to those who we care, the goal is achieved.

Additionally, the relationship between readers and writers also plays an important role for this sharing process.  
It often fills up the gaps between the puzzle of words.  
For example, if I'm reading a book my mother wrote, my memory of her just automatically fill in the blank part between the words and paragraphs.  
As a daughter, I can imagine my mom's smile when my dad drew certain lines in the book.
The vivid recollection of memory makes this book especially unique to me.

In this way, the book itself is just a bridge, connecting me and my mother eternally.







寫作,某種程度來說,是一種特權。 誰能擁有這特權呢? 能熟稔地把玩文字的人。
但是寫作不應該是如此的,因為寫作的本身是為了敘述,為了記事,為了抒情。所以只要能忠實地傳遞給讀者以上的訊息,寫作本身就具意義。
而讀者與作者之間的關係,通常能補充文字表達上的不足。 
比如,若是一本書的作者是我爸爸,身為他女兒的我,很容易地便能用我和父親相處的記憶去填補文字中情感的空隙。或是我也可以用我印象中父親的行事作風,去推測書中的留白部分。

所以某種程度而言,書本像是鵲橋,連結通往作者與讀者彼此的心。

No comments:

Post a Comment